A third-generation Arizonan, Steve Pierce was raised on the family ranch where he learned the value of hard work at a young age. A graduate of Prescott High and the University of Arizona, Steve has continued the family tradition of ranching. Steve and his wife Joan have been married for nearly 40 years. They raised their four children in Prescott, and are now blessed with four grandchildren. Steve Pierce knows the issues important to rural Arizona and is working day and day out to bring our rural conservative values to the Arizona Senate.
He graduated from the University of Arizona with a bachelor's degree in Animal Science. His family has been ranching in Arizona since 1915, and Steve himself has five decades of experience working as a rancher.
Steve has served in various cattle and agriculture organizations, both locally and nationwide, such as the National Cattlemen's Beef Board, the US Meat Export Federation, and the Arizona Beef Council. In addition, Steve has served on the Board of Directors of County Bank, the Anasazi Foundation and the Central Arizona Partnership. Steve is active with the Yavapai County Republican Party, where he once served as Chairman, and has served on the State Executive Committee for the Arizona Republican Party.
Steve Pierce is the owner/operator of the Las Vegas Ranch, located approximately 20 miles northwest of Prescott, Arizona. Steve is a third generation Arizonan who was born in Phoenix in 1950. He moved to Prescott while in grade school when his dad, Delbert, acquired the first of several ranches now known as the Las Vegas Ranch. In 1972, Steve received a Bachelor of Science from the University of Arizona in Animal Science.
Steve has always been an excellent steward of the land for which he is responsible. He was recognized for his efforts in 1983 when the Arizona Section of the Society for Range Management named Steve and his father Delbert "Range Managers of the Year".
In the Senate, Steve served as the Senate Majority Whip before being elected State Senate President last year.
- Past president and current member of Yavapai Cattle Growers Association
- Past president and current member of Arizona Cattle Growers Association
- Past member of Arizona Beef Council (Governor appointed)
- Past member United States Beef Export Board
- His committee came up with slogan "Beef, it's what's for dinner"
- Past president and current member of Arizona Hereford Association
- Member Arizona Angus Association
- Arizona Cattle Grower's Association Board for Cattle Research and Education Foundation
- Rancher, Las Vegas Ranch in Prescott (50 years)
- Arizona Beef Council
- National Cattlemen's Beef Board
- U.S. Meat Export Federation
- County Bank Board of Directors
- Anasazi Foundation
- The Central Arizona Partnership
Lifelong Conservative Republican:
- Yavapai County Republican Party (45 years), former Chairman
- Arizona Republican Party, State Executive Committee (7 years)
- B.S., Animal Science, University of Arizona
- Graduate, Prescott High School